The 6 weeks of paid training will help you develop the necessary skills and knowledge to find a job in the tourism industry.
The 6 weeks of paid training includes:
- Certifications in Food Safe, First Aid, Serving it Right, and World Host
- Basic computer skills training
- Tourism-related skills (e.g. customer service, time management, planning & coordinating, flexibility)
- Resume development, job search, and interview skills training
- Teamwork & collaboration training
- Professionalism training and dealing with difficult customers
- One-on-one career planning with a Work Coach
- Employers will present on career opportunities within the tourism industry
- Women’s health and wellness training
- Women in leadership training and development
- Self-defense classes for women
- Women only learning environment
- And more…
Training takes place from Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. During this time, you will receive an allowance of $11.35/hour.
Transportation and daycare supports are also available for those who qualify.